Make the Flatiron Hike a Priority!
(Gratuitous photo sharing, scroll past for more words)
|Stats from my Garmin Fenix 3 (temperature is amalgam of body+air temp)|
|The definition of unprepared and ill-equipped.|
A helicopter rescue waiting to happen.
- Get there: Google Map Lost Dutchman State Park (State Park Website). From Old Town Scottsdale it was about a 40 minute drive.
- Entry fee is $7/car of 1-4 adults. Credit cards are accepted.
- Hike details from HikeArizona.com (I am not responsible for details provided there, use at your own risk).
- Added bonus – camping is permitted.
- After the hike – it’s a bit of a drive, but especially for those returning to Scottsdale or points west, swing by Arizona Wilderness Brewing in Northwest Gilbert, right off the 60. By now you’ve earned their “after the hike burger” and a drink or two.